What are the benefits of wood?
Advantages of Wooden Material
1. Wood is recyclable Frames and heavy boards can be re-used easily. Wood waste can be used as an energy source or compost.
2. Wood is renewable Sustainable forest management makes sure that companies that use wooden products do not take advantage of this resource.
3. Wood is ecological During their growth, trees purify the atmosphere because they emit a certain quantity of oxygen, which is produced through photosynthesis. However, trees also store and give-off carbon dioxide. Without the intervention of people, wood would biologically degrade and convert into compost, as a result of which, CO2 would be released into the atmosphere. With the use of wood in construction, CO2 becomes stored in a fixed form; in turn the greenhouse gas impact on our environment decreases.
Therefore, using wood as a construction material helps purify the atmosphere by holding in a large quantity of carbon dioxide.
4. Wood is a low-energy resource and an efficient heat insulator The production and processing of wood demands rather little energy when compared to other construction material. Moreover, wood is an excellent source of heat insulation. Compared with brick construction, the heat insulation capacity of wood is six times higher and as much as twelve times higher than concrete. When a brick house is heated, the walls absorb most of the heat that is exuded. With wood construction, the inside space and air is immediately heated, because wood is less dense than brick. The result is a warmer house that warms quicker and most importantly, a lower energy bill.
5. Wood offers light construction The lightness of wood allows significant savings regarding the foundation.
6. Wood is tough Wood has exceptional mechanical strength. The carrying capacity is five times higher than with concrete.
7. Wood is easy to use Those who design wooden chalets can use their creativity to devise the perfect cabin.
8. Wood is cheap and durable
Building with wood is more affordable and efficient for several reasons:
A decrease in construction time as compared to other building material.
No heavy foundation is necessary; even in more swampy areas one can work with a foundation of foam concrete.
Durability with exceptional mechanical strength. Many believe that a wooden chalet requires much more maintenance and lasts for a shorter period of time than for example, a brick house. However, many places around the world have century old wooden chalets that are still in good condition. Nevertheless, the very important step of wood protection should be completed during and after construction to ensure a long-lasting building.
9. Wood is healthy Wood purifies air. Wooden walls can breathe. It has been proved that people with asthma, allergies, and rheumatism benefit from living in wooded surroundings. Therefore, wood ensures a healthy environment.
Why choose us
Garden sheds are useful for many reasons. A variety of shed kits are available for consumers to choose from.
Use your shed
Garden sheds are useful for many purposes. The most popular ones are: home office, art studio, she shed, pool house, garden storage, playhouse or guest house. A variety of shed kits are available for consumers to choose from.
Garden shed assembly
It’s fun and easy to assemble our products. If you are building it the first time and have the foundation ready it takes about 8 hours to assemble all shed and about another 3 hours to finish the roof.
Shipping and delivery
Shipping of small sheds and garden cabins is free withing the 48 contiguous United States. If you live outside of this area please contact the shipping department at 1800-590-2508.