- Shipping of small sheds and garden cabins is free within the 48 contiguous United States.
- If you live outside of this area or your item needs to be delivered to a remote or difficult-to-access area (rural or dense urban areas), a small shipping fee may be added.
- Accessories, such as a double window, or veranda deck, purchased and shipped separately incur a freight shipping fee. To save carbon footprint, and on shipping charges, we recommend bundling them to your shed purchase.
- Please note that the carrier asks you to collect all the packing materials (pallet and tarp). It makes for excellent firewood or a reclaimed wood project!
- Since our sheds and cabins are made from solid wood and the solid boards are not cut in half, our pallets are very long. For example, if you are ordering the regular 10x10 shed, the pallet will be 13 ft long, because the roof beams are 13 ft long. Solid wood looks amazing and it’s easy to work with, but it’s a little more difficult to deliver because the pallets are too long for the liftgate to unload. The sheds have to be unloaded manually board by board. It’s not difficult though and takes 30 - 45 minutes for two people to unload, the separate parts aren’t heavy. This is a small sacrifice to get a real solid product. Take a look at the video below!
If you have questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800-590-2508 and we will be happy to help and find the best solution.
After you place the order it will take 5 - 7 business days to get your shed or small cabin ready for shipping, unless it's on pre-order, which will have its own timeline specified on the product information page. Once the shed is dispatched you will be provided a tracking number or estimated date of arrival. Usually, it takes 5 - 10 business days in transit, unless you are located in a remote area, or in a busy city location. We may ship your shed with a small independent carrier, or one of the national freight carriers. With the latter, once the shed reaches the carrier's terminal nearest to your home, the shipping company will call you to schedule the delivery appointment. You will be given the date and time window of the delivery so that you can prepare ahead of time.
When shipped with one of the independent carriers, we will coordinate the delivery timeline with you directly.
The average shipment is about 1800-2000 pounds. Because the crated shed kits are more than 8 ft long the shipping couriers can’t use the liftgate to unload them.
The shed needs to be unloaded manually from the vehicle. We recommend that at least two people are ready to unload the shed from the truck, usually, it takes 30 - 45 minutes and the separate boards aren’t heavy. You should be able to handle multiple boards at a time, with door panels being the heaviest, at around 50 lbs.
We recommend having a wire cutter to cut through the metal strapping.
We use a number of delivery services depending on the nature of the products ordered and your location. Your purchase will be delivered by our own vehicles or LTL Couriers. Make note that delivery of these buildings is only to the curbside unless otherwise agreed in advance. Please feel free to call and ask about any shipping concerns you may have.
Shipping Damage Policy
At the time of delivery, the carrier will provide you with a Bill of Lading (BOL) and/or Delivery Receipt for you to sign. Please take a few moments to visually inspect both the inside and outside of the pallet, and make all notations on the paperwork. Each carrier uses their own standard forms, so ensure to fill out the proper spaces provided, or write in the margins if no such space is defined.
If you see obvious damage to your shed’s packaging, please take photos and contact us immediately at (800) 590-2508, ext. 2. If you find damage write, "Damaged on Delivery" on the BOL and/or Delivery Receipt.
If you find damage during the inspection at the time of delivery, all damage and defects MUST be noted on all copies of the BOL and Delivery Receipt. If the driver rushes you, you must write "subject to inspection" next to your signature on the Delivery Receipt and BOL. This is necessary for us to file a claim with the carrier and to assist you with a return, replacement, or repair.
Keep damage photos and a copy of the BOL and Delivery Receipt with your notes regarding the damage and contact our Customer Care Team immediately at (800) 590-2508, ext. 2.
You must notify us within 1 business day of the delivery and provide photos of the damaged shed package, and a copy of your signed BOL with listed damage in order to process a claim.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU ACCEPT DELIVERY even if the packaging shows damage. We will issue a full refund for the product if it was damaged, defective, or incorrect and we determine that the issue cannot be resolved with replacement parts or repair.
Any superficial damage* to the packaging or shed parts is NOT CONSIDERED a reasonable basis for refusing a shipment.
*What is considered superficial damage:
Broken straps on the pallet;
Parts shifted off the pallet;
Less than 10 wall boards clearly damaged;
Less than 20 roof and/or floorboards clearly damaged;
If you wish to refuse the delivery displaying only superficial damage, you will be LIABLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS both ways.
If you refuse the delivery with reasonable damage, we will issue a full refund within 5 business days after receiving and inspecting the damaged shed at our facility.